Battlestar Galactica was an American science fiction drama series created by Ronald D. Moore based on the original 1970s series by Glen A. Larson. It ran on Syfy from October 18, 2004 to March 20, 2009 for four seasons.
Decades ago, humanity was locked in a pitched battle with the Cylons, a race of robots initially created as servants for humankind. After a period of peace, the Cylons launch a surprise attack on the Twelve Colonies of mankind, annihilating almost the entire human population. Now, of the billions who had lived on the twelve planets, just 50,000 humans remain, passing through space in a rag-tag fleet lead by the last remaining ship, Battlestar Galactica. Their hope is to flee the Cylon menace and find their way to a mythical refuge known as 'Earth'.
- Battlestar Galactica is a noncontiguous reboot of the 1978 Battlestar Galactica.
- Battlestar Galactica follows a pilot miniseries, also called Battlestar Galactica.
- Battlestar Galactica: The Resistance is a web series that takes place between the second and third seasons.
- Battlestar Galactica: Razor Flashbacks is a web series that lead into Battlestar Galactica: Razor.
- Battlestar Galactica: Razor is a television film that takes place between the third and fourth seasons.
- Battlestar Galactica: The Face of the Enemy is a web series that takes place in the middle of the fourth season.
- Battlestar Galactica: The Plan is a television film that takes place after the series.
- Caprica was a short-lived spin-off series that showed how humanity first created the Cylon robots that would go on to rebel against them.
- Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome is a spin-off web series that shows the first Cylon War, which took place before the start of the main Battlestar Galactica series.
Westphall connection in Battlestar Galactica
A Constitution-class ship from Star Trek appeared in "Daybreak".